Life for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders is about to get a whole lot easier! The Secret Agent Society (SAS) Program helps kids crack the codes of emotions and friendships, bullying and friendly joking, conversations
With the help of fun social skills games (including a multi-level computer game, role-play based board game and social skills books), the Secret Agent Society (SAS) social skills program is an enjoyable and effective framework for social skills instruction.
Ideal for use in clinics, community centres, special education units and at home, this program makes solving the mystery of human interactions easy and fun!
This flexible program helps parents and professionals to improve children’s emotional understanding and social skills by teaching them:
- How to recognise emotions in themselves and others.
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways.
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety.
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes.
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
The Secret Agent Society (SAS) social skills program can be accessed in two ways. Firstly, parents can purchase the SAS Computer Game Pack, Board Game and/or E-Telligence Pack to help improve their children’s emotional understanding and social skills at home and at school. If a child’s social difficulties persist despite using these resources, they may need more intensive support. This can be provided via the 12-session Secret Agent Society group social skills program. This intervention includes:
- Fun small group child therapy sessions to help children apply social skills to everyday life.
- Parent information sessions to provide guidance on supporting children’s social skill development.
- Teacher tip sheets that provide recommendations for how school staff can support children’s social development and create a friendly and caring learning environment.
Art for relaxation$20.00
Mine and Craft Social Club$300.00
Category: Social Groups.
About the group
The mine and craft social club is a fun 10 week program The Minecraft Social Group is an exciting, fun filled 10 week, minecraft themed social program. It is developed as a place where children can come together and work on social development, make connections through a shared interest and further develop social interactions through structured and unstructured activities.
This program is designed for children with autism, but is open to any child, as children best learn through peer observation